Friday, June 5, 2009

Curious Incident- Journal #5

imagine if Christopher went to school with me, or was even my brother. How would I interact with him?

If I knew Christopher personally, I would definitely try to interact with Christopher in a way that he would feel comfortable. I would try to understand what was going on inside of his mind and respect it. I would try to focus on his interests and how he feels about certain facts. I might try to help him understand things that he doesn't, but if he got frusterated I would let it go. I think that patience is the key. When Christopher had one of his black days, I woulde have to leave him be. The only time that I would interfere would be when the situation isn't safe for Christopher.

There aren't many people that Christopher actually likes and trusts, but I would want to be that person for Christopher. I would try to make him feel that he was safe with me, and I would never lie to Christopher. From reading this novel, I became very interested in aspergers, and would love to do more research on it. You never know, one day I could end up helping children with aspergers.

No comments:

Post a Comment