Thursday, June 4, 2009

Curious Incident- Journal #1

the topic of this journal is the example given on the 1st sheet of questions.

From reading the first paragraph of the novel, I learned that Christopher is very logical and literal. He thinks extremely clearly of all possibilities, but with lack of certainity. I can tell that he likes facts because he knows that there are no hidden rules. I think that logic is very important to him.

Christopher seems observant and knowledgable. He knows exactly what time it is, and observes all of his surroundings. I am a very observant person as well. The difference between Christopher and I is that I can take my observations and create inferences from them. I am comfortable with the unkown where as Christopher would become frightened and confused.

I think that people with aspergers are so very comfortable with facts because they are certain. They cannot identify with their emotions as easily and the conclusions their minds come to can be seen as absurd. Dispite our thoughts toward those conclusions, they are very logical inside the mind of someone with aspergers

No comments:

Post a Comment